In 2020, with Pride celebrations around the world cancelled, we still wanted to find a way to celebrate our Pride together while doing it apart. We set out a sign and some flags in our front yard for anyone going by to take and we thought maybe we would go through a few, but we went through hundreds. Our entire neighborhood was taken over with Pride flags and the feeling of support and togetherness within our community was overwhelming … and we wanted to do it again. And this year, we got our friends and family involved all across the country.
So if you’re driving by and happen to see one of these signs and flags, make sure to grab one. And if you can, we’re asking for donations to The Trevor Project, the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ+ youth. (DONATE TO OUR PAGE HERE).
If you’re interested in participating, here’s how you can:
- Download the sign image below to make your sign. We had 18″x24″ signs made from Signs on the Cheap and used the “upload a full design” option. It’s waterproof and you can order the metal stakes to go with it.
- Order your flags!! We purchased these Pride flags and Trans flags. You can always order more if you start to run low in your neighborhood. We quickly went through 300 last year and had to order more a couple of times!
- Order a flag holder. We used one of these, but feel free to use something you have too.
- If you don’t have the opportunity to give away flags, there’s a second design below you can use to support our efforts if that’s of interest.
- Post pics of your signs and flags and use the hashtag #PrideAtHome. Feel free to tag us on Instagram too: @natepkoch & @justin.liesener
- Consider a donation to The Trevor Project on our community donation page: #PRIDEATHOME DONATION PAGE
- Send questions to @natepkoch on Instagram for the quickest response.
Happy Pride everyone!