*KIT ORDERING & TREVOR PROJECT DONATION INFORMATION BELOW*
I can’t believe this is now the third year of our Pride at Home campaign. In 2020, with Pride celebrations around the world canceled, we still wanted to find a way to celebrate our Pride together while doing it apart. So we set out a single yard sign in our front yard with a bunch of free Pride and Trans flags for anyone to take for free. We didn’t know what to expect, but within days, the city blocks around our home were covered in Pride flags. The community came together so we wanted to take this to other communities the next year.
In 2021 the campaign grew to over 80 families across the world (yes world!) putting a Pride at Home sign kit and flags in their yards. The experience has been incredible, and the feeling of support within our communities is hard to describe. We’ve also raised thousands for The Trevor Project, the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ+ youth.
So yes, this year we’re wanting to go bigger yet again and opening this up to anyone from anywhere that would like to join our Pride at Home 2022 campaign!
If you’re coming here because you want to participate by ordering a sign and flags, instructions are below. If you’re coming here because you’d like to donate to our Trevor Project #PrideAtHome team fundraising page, you can do so by clicking HERE or on the The Trevor Project logo below. If you want to do both, even better!
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PARTICIPATION WITH YOUR OWN YARD SIGN & FLAGS
- THE SIGN: Visit my Shutterfly link to have your own Pride at Home yard sign printed and shipped. You can quickly add the sign right to your cart and have it shipped directly to you. LINK TO SIGN
- THE FLAGS: New this year, there are now mini Progress Pride Flags available in bulk! I’ve listed out some links for those and other flags here: PROGRESS PRIDE FLAGS, PRIDE FLAGS, TRANS FLAGS — Regardless of which you choose, I’d recommend starting with a total of at least 100 as they go fast. I also recommend ordering early, as shipping for flags in 2021 was delayed and it looks like shipping is already a little delayed for some of the options in 2022.
- THE FLAG HOLDER: Purchase a FLAG HOLDER (these yard vases have worked perfectly, but feel free to get creative!)
- THEN WHAT: At the beginning of Pride Month (June 1), place your sign and flags in your yard (somewhere it’s easy for someone to grab one from). I’d place about 30 flags out to start and then replenish as people take them. Note, I bring our sign and flags in every night.
- SHARE: We’d love to see who is participating and where you’re from. On social, post photos and videos using the hashtag #PrideAtHome. And if you’d like, feel free to tag us on Instagram (@natepkoch and @justin.liesener) or tag me on TikTok (@natepkochtiktok).
DONATE/CREATE A TEAM ON OUR TREVOR PROJECT #PRIDEATHOME 2022 FUNDRAISING PAGE
You can donate by visiting our Team Fundraising Page for The Trevor Project or click The Trevor Project’s logo below:
If you’ve landed on this page, thank you for being here. Any action big or small that you can take to support the LGBTQ+ community and its youth will have an impact that we are forever grateful for.
- nate & justin