It’s a Saturday morning and we were craving something sweet. Actually, we were craving donut holes BUT we’re being a little extra (oxymoron?) conscious about eating healthy.
Aren’t we all?
So we pulled out the new air fryer we got and dug through our kitchen cabinets to see what we could pull together. With four basic ingredients we ended up with something that was quick, easy, and most importantly, TASTY.
(Note: If you’re looking for an air fryer, here’s a Ninja Air Fryer that’s an upgrade from ours. Would definitely recommend the larger size if you don’t have one already).
If you want to try these french toast bites, here’s how:
What you need:
- 4 pieces of bread
- 3 eggs
- milk/almond milk (optional)
How to make the bites:
- Preheat your air fryer at 360° for about 5 minutes while you prepare the bites.
- Take 3 eggs and whisk them in a small bowl. (I added a little almond milk to thin out the eggs but you wouldn’t have to if you don’t have milk/almond milk)
- Mix about a 1/3 cup sugar with an ample amount of cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Tear 4 pieces of bread in half and ball them up, firmly pressing them together so that they’re dense and stay in the ball form.
- Soak each bread ball in egg until fully covered and egg mixture starts to soak into the bread.
- Roll the egg-covered bread ball in the cinnamon and sugar, coating the full ball.
- Place all the balls in air fryer and bake on 360° for 15 minutes or until they’re baked to the crispiness desired.
- To save for later, you can pin THIS PIN on Pinterest!
Eat them on their own, or dip them in maple syrup. Either way they’re quick, simple and delicious!
Still looking for an Air Fryer? Here are a few to check out:
This post contains affiliate links.